Car Accident Lawsuits

Helping People in Boston, Quincy, Brockton, Plymouth, and All of Massachusetts

Did you know that if you’ve been injured in a car accident, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the person who caused the accident? Normally, insurance companies will take care of medical bills and expenses, but what if insurance doesn’t cover the full amount? What if your injuries will have a permanent effect on your life? Whether you’ve been injured in a minor car accident, or have severe, life-long injuries from a serious collision, our lawyers at Powers & Caccavale are here to help you.

What should I do after a car accident?

Whether you’ve been involved in a car accident or injured as a pedestrian, it can be a very overwhelming and frightening experience. If you should ever find yourself involved in a vehicle accident, follow these steps to make sure you stay safe and have the best possible chances of receiving maximum compensation:

  • Contact policy or emergency services immediately after the accident.
  • Gather information about the vehicles involved, such as the name, address, and phone number of the drivers.
  • Gather contact information from witnesses.
  • Notify the police of any traffic violations the drivers may have committed.
  • Get medical attention as soon as possible.
  • Notify your insurance company of the accident.
  • Gather evidence, such as photographs, location of the accident, and injuries you have suffered.
  • Contact a trusted lawyer.

Free Case Evaluation

  • Use the form below to have one of our attorneys contact you immediately:

Who will pay my medical bills?

In Massachusetts, a portion of your car accident medical bills will be paid by what is known as Personal Injury Insurance (PIP). This means that your motor vehicle insurance company will pay for the first $2,000 in medical bills. If you were a pedestrian or bicyclist involved in the accident, the first $2,000 in medical bills will be paid by the company insuring the car that injured you. Your health insurance company should pay for the rest of your medical bills. If you do not have health insurance, you may be able to receive up to $8,000 in PIP coverage.

What about lost wages?

If your car accident injuries prevent you from returning to work, you may be entitled to receive up to 75% of your lost wages under PIP. It’s important to know that PIP only pays out up to $8,000, which includes medical bills and lost wages.

Can I receive compensation for pain and suffering?

If you have more than $2,000 in medical bills and the car accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for additional compensation know as bodily injury compensation. In the state of Massachusetts, you will only be eligible for this compensation if your medical bills exceed $2,000 or if your injury:

1) Caused death
2) Caused permanent or serious disfigurement
3) Caused sight or hearing loss

Speaking with an experienced car accident lawyer can help you determine whether you have a personal injury claim to pursue and if so, how much you can expect to receive in your individual case.

How is negligence determined?

A finding of negligence in a car accident case can be based on:

  • Failure to obey traffic signs
  • Texting/talking on a cell phone while driving
  • Careless driving
  • Driving under the influence
  • School bus accidents
  • Speeding
  • Any other violation of law

What compensation is available for me?

In car accident personal injury cases, there are generally two categories for compensation available: economic and non-economic damages.

Economic damages include:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Damaged property

Non-economic damages include:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Psychological trauma
  • Damage to your reputation
  • Worsening of past injuries

Contact a Massachusetts Car Accident Lawyer

The lawyers at Powers & Caccavale are experienced in dealing with car accident personal injury claims. If you’ve been injured in a car accident and it wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. Call us toll free today at 844-311-7900 or fill out the form on our site. 

At Powers & Caccavale, we use our experience to aggressively and relentlessly represent you, fighting for your rights and the benefits you deserve as a result of your accident and injury. We pride ourselves on effective communication with our clients, providing you with individual attention and great results.
Workers’ Compensation Settlement – $115,000.00

Workers’ Compensation Settlement – $115,000.00

Our office represented a tractor trailer driver who tore the rotator cuff in one of his shoulders while working. The insurance company started paying him weekly benefits after the accident; however, shortly after his surgery, they reduced the amount of his checks.  Our attorneys filed a claim to get the amount of his weekly checks increased. Before the…

Settlement – $120,000.00

Settlement – $120,000.00

Recently, our attorneys negotiated a $120,000.00 workers’ compensation settlement for an injured employee.  Our client, a construction worker, suffered a head injury in a fall at work.  Unfortunately, his employer did not have workers’ compensation insurance so our office brought a claim against the Workers’ Compensation Trust Fund and secured his workers’ compensation benefits. If you’ve suffered a similar…


    Send us a quick email and one of our attorneys will contact you back for a free evaluation as soon as we can.