Deciding whether or not to hire a lawyer for your workers’ compensation claim can be tricky. Some workers’ comp cases can be simple and straightforward. Others, however, can be much more complex and time-consuming. Since it can be hard to know whether or not you should speak with an attorney, the following tips can help with your decision.
When to Hire a Workers’ Comp Lawyer
As a general rule, you should hire an attorney if any complexity arises in your case. For example, you should speak with an attorney if:
- Your employer denies your claim
- You do not receive your benefits on time
- Your compensation does not cover all of your lost wages or medical bills
- You cannot return to work due to your injuries
- You were fired from your job, or experienced discrimination from your employer, after your injury
- You have become permanently disabled
It can also be a good idea to hire an attorney if you don’t feel comfortable speaking with insurance companies, aren’t familiar with workers’ comp legal procedures, or don’t have the time to work through complicated paperwork.
Reasons to Hire a Workers’ Comp Lawyer
If you want to receive the best possible settlement in your case, an experienced attorney can guide you through the process and do all the heavy lifting. Workers’ comp claims can be full of complex legal jargon and complicated forms. Hiring an attorney can help lift this burden off your shoulders. An attorney can:
- Help you obtain the maximum possible benefits
- Make sure your claim is filed correctly
- Answer any questions you may have
- Field calls from the insurance company
- Research your individual case
- Make sure your medical bills are paid
- Make sure your benefits are pain in a timely manner
- File a petition if your claim is denied
- Stop your employer from firing you
- Make sure your case moves as smoothly as possible
An initial consultation with a workers’ comp lawyer costs nothing. There are usually no fees upfront, either.
Contact a Workers’ Compensation Attorney
At Powers & Caccavale, we work closely with you to make sure we understand every detail of your specific case. Our experienced legal team will be with you through the entire process and will not stop until you get the compensation you deserve. Hiring one of our attorneys will ensure you get the maximum possible benefits and will eliminate the frustration and stress that often comes with these types of cases. Call us toll free at (617) 379-0016
or fill out our form.